The La Crosse Public Library is helping to co-sponsor the 2017 Washburn Neighborhood Rain Barrel Painting Contest. The theme of this year's contest is, "The Changing Faces of Nature." All entries must function as a rain barrel and should be painted to celebrate the theme. The contest deadline is Febrary 28, 2017. All submitted barrels will become the property of the Washburn Neighborhood Association and will be auctioned off to the highest bidder as a fundraiser at the upcoming Washburn Garden Expo on Saturday, March 11.
2017 Washburn Neighborhood Rain Barrel Painting Contest
SPONSORS: Washburn Neighborhood Association, The La Crosse Public Library, and Downtown Mainstreet, Inc.
PARTICIPANTS: The contest is open to the public.
CONTESTANT CATEGORIES: Novice, Apprentice, and Master.
PRIZES: 3 prizes awarded for each category. (Judging will be done by the Public using colored tickets)
Grand Prize --$100 Cash. (All Artists’ names will be entered for this prize)
ENTRY FEE: $15.00 per Barrel. (Business, Family or Friends sponsorship is acceptable)
CONTEST RULES: Contest will be limited to the first 30 contestants.
- The theme for the contest is: “The Changing Faces of Nature”
- Barrels are to be painted only & 2 to 3 coats of sealer applied.
- The finished Barrel will become the property of the Washburn Neighborhood Association and will be auctioned off and sold to the highest bidder.
- The finished barrel must continue to function as a Rain Barrel.
- Contestants will have 57 days to complete a barrel starting Monday, January 2, 2017. Finished barrels must be returned to the La Crosse Public Library on Main St by Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Judging and prize awarding will take place at the Washburn Garden Expo in the Lincoln Middle School Cafeteria on Saturday, March 11, 2017 beginning at 1:00pm.
REGISTRATION: All contestants must present a completed registration form and pay the entry fee when they pick up their barrel.
For more information and to get a barrell, please call Randy at (608) 784-2377, or stop by the Main library for more information and to see examples of completed rain barrels.