2015 Friends of the Library Book Sale Dates
Friends encourage the use of the library as a center for the educational and cultural life of the community, by emphasizing the following goals:
- To foster closer relations between the library and the citizens of La Crosse by focusing public attention on library services, facilities, resources and needs.
- To assist in making funds available for special needs beyond the library budget.
- To influence the gifts of books and other materials, desirable collections, endowments, and bequests to the library through ways approved by the La Crosse Library Board of Trustees.
- To encourage participation of volunteers in all the activities that meet the needs of the library.
Download our brochure and become a member!
Board of Directors
Leslie Clatworthy, President
Wendy Butler, Vice-President
Ann Keuper, Secretary
Mary Jo Boland, Treasurer
Mary Ellen Stolder
To contact the Friends, call the Bookshop: 608.789.7149
Activities of the Friends
The Friends' board meets ten times a year to maintain and execute the established goals, providing for the needs of the La Crosse Public LIbrary in the future. Activities of the Friends include:
- Book sales for members and the public are held regularly and listed on the events calendar. Volunteers are essential to these popular sales. Stop in the Bookshop, or call to volunteer. 608.789.7149
- The Bookshop is located at the south entrance of the Main library and provides for the ongoing sale of quality donated materials. The Friends also have a small selection at the North and South branches of the library.
- Funding for non-budgeted library needs such as equipment, materials, library programs, and staff development.
- Hospitality needs for Friends' meetings, library functions and staff events.
- Publication of the Friends' newsletter.
Mon 4-8 pm
Tues 11 am-3 pm
Weds 11 am-3 pm
Thurs 11 am-5 pm
Fri 1-5 pm
Sat 11am -5 pm
Sun 1-5 pm