A new season of Monday Mornings at Main returns on September 11. Join us at 9:30 AM every Monday this September-November for a series of lifelong learning for ages 55 and better. Each week we'll hear from a different local expert on a wide-variety of topics from music, to local businesses, to regional and international history. View the full schedule of speakers below.
Monday Mornings at Main
Mondays at 9:30 AM
September 11-November 27, 2017
Lower Level Auditorium, La Crosse Public Library
800 Main Street, La Crosse
The Friends of the Library will have the adjacent book room open for sales before and after each program.
Monday Mornings at Main is paid for by a grant from the Gert Salzer Gordon Trust.
For more information, please contact Patricia Boge at (608) 789-7127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 11: "Raising Alpacas" presented by Rep. Steve Doyle and daughter Stephanie (with live baby alpacas!)
- September 18: "Bosshard Cranberry Bog" presented by Diane Bosshard
- September 25: "Skyrockers" presented by Pat Bonadurer
- October 2: The Grumpy Old Men-Big Band Music
- October 9: "What Happened to the Prairie Style?" presented by Les Crocker
- October 16: "History of American Pocket Watches" presented by Bob Taunt
- October 23: "History of the Wegner Grotto" presented by Norma Schmig
- October 30: "Walk Down Memory Lane" presented by Rochelle Pennington
- November 6: "Cargo of Hope, Surviving after the Holocaust," presented by Halina Lewis and "Simple Steps to Salute Our Vets" presented by Kathy Helgerson
- November 13: "If You Were To Lose Your Identity" presented by Alex Volten
- November 20: "A Charles Dickens Christmas Carol-A One Man Show" presented by Thomas Houtevelde
- November 27: "Christmas Memories & Carols" presented by Mary Dunn, Joyce Felsheim and family