2015 Friends of the Library Book Sale Dates
Friends encourage the use of the library as a center for the educational and cultural life of the community, by emphasizing the following goals:
- To foster closer relations between the library and the citizens of La Crosse by focusing public attention on library services, facilities, resources and needs.
- To assist in making funds available for special needs beyond the library budget.
- To influence the gifts of books and other materials, desirable collections, endowments, and bequests to the library through ways approved by the La Crosse Library Board of Trustees.
- To encourage participation of volunteers in all the activities that meet the needs of the library.
Download our brochure and become a member!
Board of Directors
Leslie Clatworthy, President
Wendy Butler, Vice-President
Ann Keuper, Secretary
Mary Jo Boland, Treasurer
Mary Ellen Stolder
To contact the Friends, call the Bookshop: 608.789.7149
Activities of the Friends
The Friends' board meets ten times a year to maintain and execute the established goals, providing for the needs of the La Crosse Public LIbrary in the future. Activities of the Friends include:
- Book sales for members and the public are held regularly and listed on the events calendar . Volunteers are essential to these popular sales. Stop in the Bookshop, or call to volunteer. 608.789.7149
- The Bookshop is located at the south entrance of the Main library and provides for the ongoing sale of quality donated materials. The Friends also have a small selection at the North and South branches of the library.
- Funding for non-budgeted library needs such as equipment, materials, library programs, and staff development.
- Hospitality needs for Friends' meetings, library functions and staff events.
- Publication of the Friends' newsletter.
Mon 4-8 pm
Tues 11 am-3 pm
Weds 11 am-3 pm
Thurs 11 am-5 pm
Fri 1-5 pm
Sat 11am -5 pm
Sun 1-5 pm