2017 Friends of the Library Book Sale Dates
Our book sales are held quarterly at the La Crosse Public Library, 800 Main Street. A preview sale is always held the night before as a special bonus for Members of the Friends of the Library. Join the Friends or renew your membership at the door to gain access to the preview sale.
Spring Book Sale
- Saturday, April 29 from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
- Preview night for members: Friday, April 28 from 5:30-8:00 PM
Please check back later this year to check the schedule for our summer and fall book sales.
About the Friends of the Library
Friends encourage the use of the Library as a center for the educational and cultural life of the community, by emphasizing the following goals:
- To foster closer relations between the library and the citizens of La Crosse by focusing public attention on library services, facilities, resources and needs.
- To assist in making funds available for special needs beyond the library budget.
- To influence the gifts of books and other materials, desirable collections, endowments, and bequests to the library through ways approved by the La Crosse Library Board of Trustees.
- To encourage participation of volunteers in all the activities that meet the needs of the library.
Download our brochure and become a member!
Board of Directors
Leslie Hill, President
Wendy Butler, Vice-President
Ann Keuper, Secretary
Mary Jo Boland, Treasurer
Mary Ellen Stolder
To contact the Friends, call the Bookshop: 608.789.7149
Activities of the Friends
The Friends' board meets ten times a year to maintain and execute the established goals, providing for the needs of the La Crosse Public LIbrary in the future. Activities of the Friends include:
- Book sales for members and the public are held regularly and listed on the events calendar . Volunteers are essential to these popular sales. Stop in the Bookshop, or call to volunteer. 608.789.7149.
- The Bookshop is located at the south entrance of the Main library and provides for the ongoing sale of quality donated materials. The Friends also have a small selection at the North and South branches of the library.
- Funding for non-budgeted library needs such as equipment, materials, library programs, and staff development.
- Hospitality needs for Friends' meetings, library functions and staff events.
- Publication of the Friends' newsletter.
The Friends support numerous programs including:
- Books and Brunch
- Archives' Dark La Crosse Tours
- Children's programming (98%!)
- Americorps Literacy Project
- The Seed Library
Mon 4-8 pm
Tues 11 am-3 pm
Weds 11 am-3 pm
Thurs 11 am-5 pm
Fri 1-5 pm
Sat 11am -5 pm
Sun 1-5 pm