Thank you for choosing the meeting facilities at La Crosse Public LIbraries. The meeting rooms are available to organizations that wish to promote an open forum for knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment.
Meeting room requests should be made online by going to our website at lacrosselibrary.org Due to demand, reservations are only accepted six months in advance.
After reading the below guidelines, room reservation is self-service.
Library meeting rooms are available for public use as indicated below. They are available on a first-come basis. When scheduling, keep in mind that rooms are NOT available prior to library opening time, including set-up time.
Rooms may be scheduled at MAIN:
Monday - Thursday 9 am - 7:45 pm
Friday 9 am - 5:45 pm
Saturday (Trustees Room Only) 9 am - 4:45 pm
Sunday (Trustees Room Only) 1 pm - 4:45 pm
Rooms may be scheduled at NORTH and SOUTH
Monday - Friday 2 pm - 5:45 pm
Saturday 12 pm - 3:45 pm
Meeting Room Regulations
- The public meeting rooms are not available for fundraising or for-profit activities; purely social functions (e.g., receptions, birthday parties, showers, etc.), or activities that, by their nature are or could be disruptive to normal library operations (e.g., loud rallies or ceremonies). Noise resulting from public use of meeting rooms must fall within levels that are acceptable and consistent with normal library operations.
- No sales are allowed on library property.
- Meeting rooms are primarily designated for La Crosse Public Library programs and use. When not in use by the Library, meeting rooms can be used for a rental fee by community groups and organizations.
- The Library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate La Crosse Public Library-sponsored activities. Library staff will notify meeting room users in the event of the cancellations.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within La Crosse Public Library meeting room guidelines. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any members of the group, conduct themselves in a way that is disruptive to library service or abusive of individuals, materials, exhibits or furnishings.
- General courtesy and safety are expected. Individuals responsible for the meeting must ensure that all attendees know where the fire exits are located.
- All three library buildings and campuses are smoke-free, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any building.
- Library staff or representatives may enter any of the rented premises at any time.
- Animals, with the exception of registered service animals, may not be brought onto library premises, unless part of a library-sponsored program.
- It is the responsbility of the user organization to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA), including offering an interpreter, if requested.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be served in the library meeting rooms. If there are spills or stains to carpet or furnishings, additional cleaning charges may be incurred.
- There is a kitchenette in the meeting room at Main which may be used if it is requested at the time of the reservations. Included are refrigerator, sink, microwave and coffee maker. Users must provide their own utensils, plates, napkins, and drinkware.
User organizations agree to comply with copyright laws and will secure necessary performance licenses for DVD showings. The library will not be held liable for group violation of copyright law.
- The library is not responsible for equipment or material owned by a group or individual using library facilities. Equipment and materials owned by others may not be stored in the libary.
- No organziation may list the address of any of the library locations as its official address, without permission from the library director.
- At this time, there is no charge for the use of meeting room equipment. Equipment must be reserved at the time the room is reserved. The library cannot provide staff to operate the equipment. If instruction in equipment operation is needed, a representative of the group must set up an appointment with the meeting room coordinator in advance of the scheduled meeting.
Please call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel a meeting room reservation in order to avoid responsibility for payment.
Vacating the Rooms
- Users are expected to vacate rooms at the scheduled time. The same room may be used by several groups on one day and your cooperation is essential.
- Users are expected to clean up the kitchen and meeting rooms when they are done with the space.
- All meeting rooms must be vacated 14 minutes before closing time, which means no later than the times listed below. Groups staying past the listed times may be charged an overtime fee of $100.
Rooms must be vacated by these times at Main
Monday - Thursday 7:45 pm
Friday 5:45 pm
Saturday (Trustees Room only) 4:45 pm
Sunday (Trustees Room only) 4:45 pm
Rooms must be vacated by these times at North and South
Monday - Wednesday 6:45 pm
Thursday - Friday 4:45 pm
Saturday 4:45 pm
- Meetings and events which are sponsored by the Library in support of its mission and goals, or are sponsored by departments or agencies of the State of Wisconsin and the City and County of La Crosse, are exempt from rental fees.
- Courses that require tuition or registration offered by established educational institutions may use the meeting space and collect fees as necessary.
For organizations that require billing, a $5 service charge will be added to the cost of the meeting room charge. Non-payment of fees will restrict future scheduling of meeting rooms until accounts are cleared.
If you require more information or clarification contact the respective meeting room coordinators.
Main Melissa Hall 608-789-7130 firstname.lastname@example.org
North Helen Muetze 608-789-7102 email@example.com
South Sandie Frost 608-789-7103 firstname.lastname@example.org