Together, We're Better
In cooperation with numerous other community groups, the Library is able to offer enhanced programs and services. Listed below are some of our key partnerships. We're grateful for these, and countless other relationships that make us more than what we could be on our own.
- American Association of Retired Persons. AARP volunteers provide free tax preparation help for seniors and low-income taxpayers every year at Main.
- County of La Crosse. We serve as the County Law Library and receive financial support from the County for the Law collection.
- Hunger Task Force of La Crosse. We provide a place for the Task Force to distribute free produce during summer months.
- Irishfest La Crosse. Every year we help staff the genealogy venue at Irishfest, helping attendees get back to their roots.
- La Crosse Area Genealogical Society. We receive support, in volunteer hours and monetary donations, from LAGS.
- La Crosse Community Foundation. The Foundation provides support for our Nonprofit Resource Center that helps you find grants and other funding for your nonprofit organization. We have also received grants from the Foundation.
- La Crosse Storytelling Festival. We are a major sponsor of this annual family event.
- Pump House Regional Arts Center. Our most recent collaboration is The Dark La Crosse Radio Show
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Volunteers help us in many ways, including answering the phones to schedule free tax prep appointments.
- School District of La Crosse. We work with the district to fund buses to bring in children for an introduction to the library, and collaborate on programming, literacy, and collections initiatives.
- Wisconsin Job Center of La Crosse. We support Job Center training efforts and both agencies do cross-referral for services and assistance.